- road safety
- Brussels, Belgium
- Live streaming available
- 8 Dec 2022,
09:30 AM - 10:10 AM CETOPENING SESSION: WHERE DO WE STAND WITH ROAD SAFETY IN 2022?
- Introduced by Henrik Hololei, Director General, DG MOVE, European Commission
- Elena Kountoura, MEP, TRAN Committee, European Parliament
- Martin Kupka, Minister of Transport, Czech Presidency of the Council of the European Union (invited)
- Emil Boc, Chair of COTER Commission, Committee of the Regions
- 10:10 AM - 11:10 AM CETPANEL DEBATE: KPIS, TARGETS AND STRATEGIES – ARE WE GETTING IT RIGHT?
- Kristian Schmidt, Director Land, DG MOVE, European Commissionand European Road Safety Coordinator
- Jean-François Gaillet, VIAS, coordinator of Baseline project
- Tomáš Nerold,Head of National Road Safety Unit, Ministry of Transport, Czechia
- Florence Guillaume,Interministerial Delegate on Road Safety, France
- Livia Spera, General Secretary, European Transport Workers’ Federation
- 11:10 AM - 11:30 AM CETCOFFEE BREAK
- 11:30 AM - 12:15 PM CETTHEMATIC SESSION 1: PROFESSIONAL DRIVERS
How are companies ensuring the safety of their drivers as part of their corporate responsibility actions? What tools do we have for measuring the road safety performance of large corporations? What can we do better to ensure adherence to road safety rules by professional drivers?
- Jean-Paul Peters, Health & Safety Operations Manager, Europe, UPS
- Claes Tingvall, FIA Road Safety Index
- Marijke Eskes, Central Netherlands Traffic Police and Chair of RoadPol Operational Working Group
- Raluca Marian, Director, EU Advocacy, International Road Transport Union
Moderator: Claire Depré, Head of Unit, Road Safety, DG MOVE
- 12:15 PM - 01:00 PM CETTHEMATIC SESSION 2: VULNERABLE ROAD USERS
How do we allocate adequate space to vulnerable road users? What role can personal mobility devices like e-scooters play in our mobility mix? How can EU-funded research help improve outcomes for vulnerable road users such as cyclists?
- Johan Diepens, Mobycon, Netherlands
- Cristina Rodenas, DGT, Spain
- Pascal van den Noort, Velo Mondial and Civitas HANDSHAKE
Moderator: Antonio Avenoso, ETSC
- 01:00 PM - 02:30 PM CETLUNCH BREAK
- 02:30 PM - 03:15 PM CETTHEMATIC SESSION 3: YOUNG PEOPLE AND ROAD SAFETY
How can young people be more involved in making Europe’s roads safer? What could be improved in driver training to improve the road safety of young/ novice drivers? How can we best incorporate road safety into the school curriculum?
- Isabel Cunha, PhD candidate in spatial planning, University of Porto
- Manuel Picardi, EFA – European Association of driving schools
- Vasilliki Danelli-Mylona, Road Safety Institute "Panos Mylonas", Greece, lead coordinator of Erasmus/ project Knights for Road Safety/ Road Safety Academy
Moderator: Vesna Valant, Deputy Head of Unit, Road Safety, DG MOVE
- 03:15 PM - 04:00 PM CETTHEMATIC SESSION 4: ROAD SAFETY WITH A MORE AUTOMATED VEHICLE FLEET
Are we building distraction into our vehicles? How can data generated by new vehicles help improve road safety? And how can we encourage experienced drivers to engage in ongoing learning on advanced vehicle features?
- Frank Mütze, ETSC
- Fabienne Zwagemakers, Insurance Europe
- Stefan Deix, EUCAR
Moderator: Joaquim Nunes De Almeida, Director Mobility and Energy Intensive Industries, DG GROW
- 04:00 PM - 04:30 PM CETCONCLUDING SESSION: ADDRESSING THE ROAD SAFETY CHALLENGE IN THE GLOBAL SOUTH
- Adina Vălean, European Commissioner for Transport and Jean Todt, UN Secretary General’s Special Envoy on Road Safety
- 04:30 PM - 04:30 PM CETCLOSING REMARKS
- Kristian Schmidt, Director Land, DG MOVE, European Commission and European Road Safety Coordinator
- Hybrid Event: Brussels and onlineBrussels, Belgium
The EU Road Safety Results Conference is an opportunity to engage with EU Member State authorities and all stakeholders on the progress being made with implementing the Safe System approach.
In particular, it will allow participants to learn how work towards the Key Performance Indicators set out in the Next Steps Towards Vision Zero policy framework is moving forward.
It will also offer a forum for analysis and exchange between senior EU policy makers and the wider European road safety community.