Size: 75 x105 mm
Material: Cotton fibre paper
Distinctive features: Folded
- 1 Surname of the holder
- 2 Other name(s) of the holder
- 3 Date and place of birth
- 4a Date of issue of the licence
- 4b Date of expiry of the licence
- 4c Name of the issuing authority
- 5 Number of licence
- 6 Photograph of the holder
- 7 Signature of the holder
- 8 Permanent place of residence
- 9 category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive
- 10 Date of first issue of each category(ies)
- 11 Date of expiry of each category
- 12 Additional information/restriction(s)
Categories & Codes
For more information on the corresponding categories, please check the Commission decision on equivalence.
Period of validity*
A1, A2, B,
BE, C, CE,
Until 70, 70: 4 years,
71: 3 years,
72 - 79: 2 years,
80 or above: 1 year
*This refers to the administrative validity of the document and does not necessarily reflect the holder’s right to drive.
Description of national category
Glasses/contact lenses must be worn
Contact lenses must be worn
Protective goggles must be worn while driving a motorcycle
A well-functioning hearing aid must be used while driving
Driving is not allowed outside the time of daylight
Driving is not allowed from sunset to sunrise
Right-hand-operated 2-circuit vacuum-reinforced service brake
Right-hand-operated accelerator function
The following switches must be designed for right- or left-hand operation: audible warning devices, start function, lights, wipers/screenwash, dimming, direction indicators, choke and defroster.
Smooth steering mechanism subsidiary power steering
Specially customised cuff on the rim of the steering wheel, for retaining the left hand
Specially customised driver's seat with side and back support, mounted on sufficiently long, smooth-running slide rails. The driver's seat can be replaced by a fastened wheelchair
Smooth-running driver's seat mounted on sufficiently long slide rails
- Certificate of professional competence is issued : YES
- Code 95 is marked on the driving licence : NO
1. Category A1 licences permit the holder to drive motorcycles without a sidecar; A2 licences permit the holder to drive motorcycles with a sidecar.
These categories do not therefore correspond to subcategories A1 and A2 as defined in directive 2006/126/EC.
Holders of a Danish A1 and/or A2 licence are entitled to an unrestricted licence, entitling them to drive vehicles in categories AM, A1, A2, and A in other EU countries.
2. Holders of a Danish B category licence are also authorised to drive motor tricycles.
This model is no longer valid for driving in Denmark, since a mandatory exchange of all licences was imposed from 1991 to 1993. Nevertheless, this licence can be renewed for a new licence issued by Denmark and has to be recognised by other EU countries until 19.01.2033.