Size: 210 x 148 mm
Format: A5, A6 folded
Material: Smooth paper with cloth binding or paper-type materials
Colour: Dark grey
Distinctive features: Photo and signature of the holder can appear on page 3 instead of page 2. The models may differ significantly with regard to form and colour. Driving licences issued in Saarland are bilingual (German/French) and can be issued in two different formats (A6 or A7).
- Location: Front and back
- Characteristics: The mixed fibres are introduced into the substrate and appear in different lengths and sizes at arbitrary points. The mixed fibres have a blue glow under UV light.
- Method of verification: Visual verification with UV lamp
- 1 Surname of the holder
- 2 Other name(s) of the holder
- 3 Date and place of birth
- 4a Date of issue of the licence
- 4b Date of expiry of the licence
- 4c Name of the issuing authority
- 5 Number of licence
- 6 Photograph of the holder
- 7 Signature of the holder
- 8 Permanent place of residence
- 9 category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive
- 10 Date of first issue of each category(ies)
- 11 Date of expiry of each category
- 12 Additional information/restriction(s)
Categories & Codes
For more information on the corresponding categories, please check the Commission decision on equivalence.
Period of validity*
1, 2*, 3*, 4, 5
(* see additional information)
*This refers to the administrative validity of the document and does not necessarily reflect the holder’s right to drive.
Description of national category
Motorcycles (two wheels, also with sidecar) with a cylinder capacity of more than 50 cm3 or with a maximum design speed of more than 40 km/h
Motor vehicles with a maximum permitted weight (including semi-trailer) of over 7.5 t, and trailers with more than 3 axles irrespective of the category of towing vehicle
All motor vehicles not included in classes 1,2,4 or 5
Small motor cycles, motor-assisted pedal cycles
Motorised wheelchairs, motor vehicles with a maximum design speed of up to 25 km/h, motor vehicles with a cylinder capacity of up to 50 cm3 with the exception of vehicles included in classes 1 and 4.
See EU driving licence handbook, 2005 edition, on model D1. The entries are unconditionally valid.
- Certificate of professional competence is issued : NO
- Code 95 is marked on the driving licence : NO
For category 2 and 3 applies: If the driving licence issued is not converted, the holder may no longer drive vehicle combinations in classes C or CE from the age of 50. Retrospective issue of this class is generally possible. For driving licence holders who have reached the age of 50 by 31st December 1999, this regulation only became effective on 1st January 2001.