Embedded metal thread
- Location: Page 1
- Characteristics: The metal thread is incorporated into the substrate.
- Method of verification: Viewing with the naked eye against the light
- Location: Front and back
- Characteristics: The security printing consists of continuous lines which show the background on the front and back.
- Method of verification: Viewing with the naked eye
- 1 Surname of the holder
- 2 Other name(s) of the holder
- 3 Date and place of birth
- 4a Date of issue of the licence
- 4b Date of expiry of the licence
- 4c Name of the issuing authority
- 5 Number of licence
- 6 Photograph of the holder
- 7 Signature of the holder
- 8 Permanent place of residence
- 9 category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive
- 10 Date of first issue of each category(ies)
- 11 Date of expiry of each category
- 12 Additional information/restriction(s)
Categories & Codes
For more information on the corresponding categories, please check the Commission decision on equivalence.
Period of validity*
A, B, BE, C, CE, D, DE
*This refers to the administrative validity of the document and does not necessarily reflect the holder’s right to drive.
See driving licence sample
See EU driving licence handbook, 2005 edition, on model D4. The entries are unconditionally valid.
- Certificate of professional competence is issued : NO
- Code 95 is marked on the driving licence : NO