Size: 75 x 104 mm
Material: Paper stock licence
Distinctive features: Enclosed in plastic
- Location: Next to photo
- Characteristics: Stamp of the issuing authority overlapping the photo, hand-written official's signature or stamp with the official's name printed
- 1 Surname of the holder
- 2 Other name(s) of the holder
- 3 Date and place of birth
- 4a Date of issue of the licence
- 4b Date of expiry of the licence
- 4c Name of the issuing authority
- 5 Number of licence
- 6 Photograph of the holder
- 7 Signature of the holder
- 8 Permanent place of residence
- 9 category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive
- 10 Date of first issue of each category(ies)
- 11 Date of expiry of each category
- 12 Additional information/restriction(s)
Categories & Codes
For more information on the corresponding categories, please check the Commission decision on equivalence.
Period of validity*
C, D, E
*This refers to the administrative validity of the document and does not necessarily reflect the holder’s right to drive.
Skírteinishafa ber að nota viðeigandi gleraugu við akstur
Sight correction with glasses
- Certificate of professional competence is issued : NO
- Code 95 is marked on the driving licence : NO
* The validity period for category A and B is until the age of 70 without renewal, provided the licence was valid on February 28, 1988. This rather special decree was entered into Traffic Act of 1 March 1988.
** The entitlement to drive category C in these licences refers only to work-related driving for category B and/or E, and has no relevance in view of Directive 2006/126/EC.