Size: 54 x 85 mm
Format: Credit card sized format
Material: Plastic card
Distinctive features: Bilingual (English/Irish)
Transparent holographic image
- Location: On the front, partially covering the photo.
- Characteristics: The holographic image is in form of a harp that is made from special ink that changes colour when the card is tilted.
- Method of verification: Move the document under ordinary light.
- Location: On the front of the licence at the bottom.
- Characteristics: "AGOBAIRCHUNBEATHAASHÁBHÁILWORKINGTOSAVELIVES" is repeated as a microtext.
- Method of verification: Visible only with magnification.
- Characteristics: There is a complex pattern in yellow, the harp symbol and some text in blue which is only visible under UV light.
- Method of verification: Ultraviolet light.
- 1 Surname of the holder
- 2 Other name(s) of the holder
- 3 Date and place of birth
- 4a Date of issue of the licence
- 4b Date of expiry of the licence
- 4c Name of the issuing authority
- 5 Number of licence
- 6 Photograph of the holder
- 7 Signature of the holder
- 8 Permanent place of residence
- 9 category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive
- 10 Date of first issue of each category(ies)
- 11 Date of expiry of each category
- 12 Additional information/restriction(s)
Categories & Codes
For more information on the corresponding categories, please check the Commission decision on equivalence.
Period of validity*
On the front of the licence at the bottom
LIVES” is repeated as a microtext,
Method of verification
Visible only with magnification
*This refers to the administrative validity of the document and does not necessarily reflect the holder’s right to drive.
Description of national category
Land Tractor and Work Vehicle
- Certificate of professional competence is issued : YES
- Code 95 is marked on the driving licence : NO