Size: 74 x 105 mm
Material: Book with one paper leaf inside
Distinctive features: Romanian language (inside) Bilingual (Romanian & French) name of the licence (cover)
Paper with patterns consisting of interlocking vertical and horizontal lines
- Location: Paper leaf inside the licence
- Characteristics: - 35 x 45mm black & white photo embossed and stapled at two opposite corners; - Valid categories confirmed by a stamp inside the category's dedicated space; - Unassigned categories crossed with a stamped "x"; - Registration number printed in the lower left side of the photo
- Method of verification: Visual
- 1 Surname of the holder
- 2 Other name(s) of the holder
- 3 Date and place of birth
- 4a Date of issue of the licence
- 4b Date of expiry of the licence
- 4c Name of the issuing authority
- 5 Number of licence
- 6 Photograph of the holder
- 7 Signature of the holder
- 8 Permanent place of residence
- 9 category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive
- 10 Date of first issue of each category(ies)
- 11 Date of expiry of each category
- 12 Additional information/restriction(s)
Categories & Codes
For more information on the corresponding categories, please check the Commission decision on equivalence.
Period of validity*
A, B, C, D, E
*This refers to the administrative validity of the document and does not necessarily reflect the holder’s right to drive.
- Certificate of professional competence is issued : NO
- Code 95 is marked on the driving licence : NO
Category E was a category on its own and it was only valid in combination with another category, in the following way: E + B = BE; E + C = CE; E + D = DE.
This model is no longer valid for driving in Romania, since a mandatory exchange of all licences was imposed in the years 1995 to 2001.
Nevertheless, the licence can be renewed with a new driving licence issued by Romania and has to be recognised by other Member States until 19 January 2033.