Size: 75 x 103 mm
Format: No standard
Material: Quality paper overprinted with security pattern
Distinctive features: Model with 6 pages; 2 pages are detached, for periodic medical examinations
Paper with patterns consisting of interlocking vertical and horizontal lines and oval medallion pattern with "RO" inscription
- Location: All pages of the licence
- Characteristics: - 35 x 45 mm colour photo, embossed; - Number of licence printed to the left of photo; - Valid categories confirmed by date on which obtained*; - Unassigned categories cancelled by perforation; - Serial number of the licence is printed on pages 1 and 4
- Method of verification: Viewing with the naked eye
- 1 Surname of the holder
- 2 Other name(s) of the holder
- 3 Date and place of birth
- 4a Date of issue of the licence
- 4b Date of expiry of the licence
- 4c Name of the issuing authority
- 5 Number of licence
- 6 Photograph of the holder
- 7 Signature of the holder
- 8 Permanent place of residence
- 9 category(ies) of vehicle(s) the holder is entitled to drive
- 10 Date of first issue of each category(ies)
- 11 Date of expiry of each category
- 12 Additional information/restriction(s)
Categories & Codes
For more information on the corresponding categories, please check the Commission decision on equivalence.
Period of validity*
A, B, C, D, E, G, (F), (H), (I)
*This refers to the administrative validity of the document and does not necessarily reflect the holder’s right to drive.
- Certificate of professional competence is issued : NO
- Code 95 is marked on the driving licence : NO
Category E was a category on its own and it was only valid in combination with another category, as follows: E + B = BE; E + C = CE; E + D = DE.
This model is no longer valid for driving in Romania; all licences were compulsorily replaced between 1995 and 2001.
Nevertheless, a licence of this type can be replaced by a new driving licence issued by Romania and must be recognised by other Member States until 19 January 2033.