- Drivers with sleep-breathing disorders
- Professional and truck drivers
- Risk groups
- Shift workers
- Young drivers
- Compared to the average driver, professional drivers, long distance drivers, shift workers, young drivers, and drivers with a sleeping disorder, have an increased risk to be involved in a fatigue-related crash
- Compared to average drivers, drivers with obstructive sleep apnoea syndrome may be six times more likely to be involved in a fatigue-related crash
- The increased risk often results from a combination of biological, lifestyle- and work-related factors.