To see and to be seen is fundamental for the safety of all road users, but it is particularly important for vulnerable road users. Motorcyclist, cyclists and pedestrians can be difficult to see in traffic, especially at night and in poor weather conditions.
How can you stay safe?
- Always switch your lights on at night and in poor weather conditions. In some European countries, you must have your lights on at all times.
- Switch your lights on at all times
- Wear a white helmet and highly visible clothing
- Wear a reflective vest
- Always use lights at night and in poor weather conditions
- Wear a reflective vest or brightly coloured clothes
- Attach reflectors visible from the front and rear
- Consider placing spoke reflectors on both wheels
- Ensure mudguards prevent mud from reducing the visibility of lights and reflectors