It is generally agreed that appropriate enforcement of road traffic rules can generate big impact on the overall road safety situation. Dangerous road safety behaviours are contributing factors in the majority of all fatal crashes.
- road safety
- Brussels, Belgium
- Centre de Conférences Albert BorschetteRue Froissart 36, Brussels, Belgium
DG MOVE therefore organised an open workshop to discuss best practices in enforcement of road traffic rules: What should be priorities and are there ways of doing different or more efficient enforcement for better results?
The report and documents from the meeting are available via the links below.
- Discussion paper for the workshop
- ETSC - How Traffic Law Enforcement can contribute to safer roads
- TISPOL - Road Safety Is Everyone’s Responsibility
- Directive 2015/413/EU facilitating the cross-border exchange of information on road safety related traffic offences - State of Play
- Questionnaire on speed
- Minutes of the workshop